I am such a terrible wife and mother

I will first start with why I am a terrible wife. Saturday I asked Mike to put Christmas lights on the house before it snowed. He hates getting on the roof he is a little nervous when it comes to heights. He was on the roof over our front room and he was making a Christmas tree out of lights on the roof. Logan asked me to play a game with him so we were in the house and I could hear Mike pounding on the roof putting on the lights, I asked Logan if Dad needed help and that we should go and watch him, but he said no lets finish this game. We needed to go to a baptism for Travis at 3:00 pm and it was 2:15 so I told Logan to go tell his Dad that we needed to get ready to go. Logan came in and said "Dad needs you" I went out and told him that he needed to hurry, he then told me that he was stuck up on the roof and had been pounding on the roof to try and get my attention. I asked him why he did not call from his phone he said I did your phone is in the garage in your purse the home phone was not working and my work phone was in my room because I was not on call. Oops! hopefully I did not scar him for life and I hope that he will go up again this Saturday and finish if I watch him.
Then Sunday about five minutes before we are ready to go to church Logan tells me that he is sick to his stomach. Well I told him that he had to at least go to sacrament meeting, I figured he just did not want to go. Well he still complains through the meeting so I told him that Mike could drive us home when he was done with opening exercises in Sunday school, but that he had to put on his pajamas and lay in bed the rest of the day, he agreed, so we are sitting in the foyer and he tells me I think that I only have a 10% survival mom. I told him that I thought his chances at survival were better than that. Then when we were in the car just driving into the driveway I hear it: Blahh! Yup he just puked in the car! I felt so bad! He really was sick.

1 comment:

Spencer Froerer said...

I love you Val! You're hilarious :)